Opgaver og målsætning
EHEDG udgør et balanceret forum for producenter og brugere af fødevareprocesudstyr samt lovgivere for at diskutere emner omkring hygiejnisk design med det formål at fremme fødevaresikkerheden og –kvaliteten ved:
- identifying areas where knowledge of hygienic design is insufficient
- filling the existing gaps and lack of know-how by practical guidelines and education
- offering expertise, networking and further development in the fields of hygienic engineering & design and safe food production
- preparing scientific and technical guidelines on all aspects of state-of-the-art hygienic design requirements in accordance to EU legislation
- developing test methods in order to identify and reduce hazards of equipment used in food production
- offering training courses, seminars and workshops
- strengthening the participation in standardisation bodies like CEN, ISO, DIN, JIS, 3-A, NSF etc.
- strengthening the cooperation with the EU (i.e. food contact material directive, BAT, traceability and other EU-Projects) as well as with other organisations
- encouraging research and development in the field of hygienic design
- promoting and disseminating hygienic design know-how by all kinds of digital and print media, congresses, seminars and other events on an international and local level
- making sure that the use of the EHEDG name and logo is properly controlled.